Monday 24 May 2010

An Excerpt from my Favourite BOOK

Susanna Kruntz’s ‘And the Fox Cried Blind’

From Chapter 43

“Can’t you hear me?” she screamed into the nothingness.

“Hello?” came the reply. “Is there anybody there?”

“Martin, thank Christ! Martin, I’m down here, little bro!”

Nothing.

She started again; “Martin, can you-”

“Hellllooooo? Anybody?”, Martin yelped.

He couldn’t hear her. All was lost. Again and again she screamed back up the well, but to no avail. Occasionally, the stars were obscured by what she assumed to be Martin’s silhouette.

“Please,” she whispered. “Please, Martin”

She started to cry and soon her face joined her body in being wet.

“Martin, I know you can’t hear me but listen I’m sorry. I...I’m sorry for everything. Adrianna and I, we-...well, I guess sorry is enough. I’m sorry, that’s all I’m saying”

“Listen, Kayleigh, I’m assuming you left with the others earlier to go to Tenerife, so I guess I won’t hear from you for weeks, but just in case you’re somehow down this well, I wanted to say I’ll never forgive you. I’ll never ever forgive for what you did. That’s all.”

He could hear her. The little cunt could hear her!

No comments:

Post a Comment